Fintech is fun, insurtech is even more awesome! We’ve all witnessed the impact of fintech in the banking industry, and now everything is set for disruption in the insurance industry. Our mission is to help the insurance industry get rid of their legacy systems and Excel spreadsheets to really start innovating. Cloud Insurance, our lean and mean Software-as-a-Service for insurance companies, agents and brokers, is already in use in 17 countries across five continents.
As the first full-time developer coming on board after our CTO, you’ll play an incredibly important role.
This position has an emphasis on backend development, but we are a small and efficient team that work on all parts of the product. Thus we value related experience in the areas of frontend development and system administration.
We build Cloud Insurance using reliable tools that our team knows and trusts, including PHP with the Symfony framework, MySQL, and Linux. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with other common web languages (such as Python or Ruby) and other relational databases are fine substitutes.
Feel free to write your application in Norwegian or English.
- Work together with our team in Oslo and our clients across Scandinavia, the UK and USA on planning future features.
- Develop and deploy product-wide features daily and iterate on improvements.
- Overcome the challenges of competing priorities: customer-specific flexibility / product maintainability.
- Working with partners and back-end insurers to set up products and API integrations.
- Continuously optimize our development and deployment processes.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You have experience with medium-to-large scale PHP (or similar) deployments.
- You have strong fundamentals: OOP, design patterns and application architecture.
- You have a desire to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You have an academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc) or extensive experience.
- You have an analytical mind and you strive to understand the actual problem you are solving, to make the best solution possible.
- Security is a fundamental part of how you think and how you code.
Do you want to know more about who we are?Read the story here (in Norwegian)!
Latest posts by Gjesteskribent (see all)
- Korrespondentbrev fra Finans Norges årsmøte: Pumpedass, gangsta rap og hooking i skuret. Men hvor var «hoodiesene»? - 5. april 2017
- Gründerlivet om markedsundersøkelser: – Jeg håper jeg ikke får bruk for den appen deres. Min mor får klare seg selv når hun blir gammel. - 30. mars 2017
- Kronprinsen kommer på «The Shift» - 29. mars 2017