ABC Startsiden is looking for a Programmatic Technology Manager
Since its inception in 1998, ABC Startsiden AS has become one of Norway’s largest websites and has developed a number of products and services. Today, ABC consists of three brands: the web portal Startsiden, the online newspaper ABC Nyheter with the viral video site “SeDenne” and the inspirational service Kreative Ideer. In addition, we operate Norsk HowTo-lab.
The company is owned by Perioskopus and has for several years running been one of Norway’s most profitable media companies, often referred to as a «gem in the Norwegian media industry».
Year after year, employees praise our excellent working environment, and in particular they emphasise their talented colleagues. The company has a high degree of autonomy and is organised in interdisciplinary teams. We are approx. 60 employees and our office is located at Kirkegata 17 in central Oslo.
The sales team has the strategic and operational responsibility for the adstack and technology related to all forms of sales and delivery of adverts. We aim to be present in all sales channels where our clients wish to shop, offering the technology they wish to use. As a result, we work with many different systems and technical solutions, investing much time to be at the forefront in a media industry with a high technological pace of change. Does this sound exciting?
We intend to strengthen our programmatic team with technical expertise, and are therefore recruiting for a newly created position:
Programmatic Technology Manager
Our new PTM has a technical and/or programmatic background and enjoys exploring new technologies and issues. You will be part of a strong technical team that specialises in programmatic sales as well as a skilled development department.
What will you do?
The PTM is responsible for technical system insight and follow-up of our programmatic solutions, programmatic advert deliveries and data flow. This involves quality assurance to make sure we always have an optimal technical setup for our programmatic sales. The position will work closely with our development department to follow up on projects, but also generally to ensure an optimal flow of information between the sales and development teams. Depending on your technical expertise and interest, the position may also include development tasks related to commercial projects.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Research into relevant tools and technologies to ensure that we always have solutions that meet the requirement of the company and the market
- Implementation and testing of programmatic ad technology and products in collaboration with the team and our development department
- Help monitor and manage the inventory that is sold programmatically in collaboration with the team. Optimise the layout in relation to other sales channels such as direct sales, partners and content
- Monitor and identify development requirements, report these to technology partners and suppliers, and follow up on requests for change
- Coordinate development tasks and serve as the link between the team and the company’s development department. You may also be responsible for parts of development tasks related to commercial projects
What are your qualifications?
Our new PTM should be interested in and have experience with relevant systems, and is accustomed to identifying needs and finding solutions. You are up to date with new technologies with an eye for the challenges and opportunities they hold. You have an interest in ad management systems and a good technical system understanding, which is a prerequisite for thriving in this role.
Relevant experience and background may be:
- Experience with digital and automated solutions, and understanding of technical setup, integration and data flow between different systems/technologies
- It is an advantage if you have worked with digital media, ad technology and/or programmatic sales/purchases
- You should have some programming and HTML5 knowledge. You may be a developer with a commercial interest or have worked commercially and programmed a little yourself. In any case it is an advantage if you have experience working in or with development projects.
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving is important. You are curious and don’t give up until the problem has been identified and resolved
- Education with an emphasis on IT is an advantage, but lack of formal education may be compensated with relevant experience
- You have a good command of written and spoken English
Who are you?
- Our new PTM is curious, proactive and committed. You see solutions and execute them. You seek out new insights, analyse, test and improve.
- In addition, we believe that our new PTM:
- Is meticulous, goal-oriented and has good implementation skills
- Works independently and in an organised manner
- Has the ability to communicate across different functions
- Likes to collaborate across technical and commercial environments
- Dares to ask questions, be critical and take risks when needed
For more information about the position, contact our consultants at Orion Search International AS: Helge Frisch tel. +47 900 98 607 or Emilie Holthe tel. +47 930 24 433.
Application deadline: ASAP