appear.in søker UX/Product Designer
We’re looking for a UX/Product Designer to help us shape the future of video communication
At appear.in we are building the easiest to use video meeting tool available. Now we’re looking for a talented UX/Product Designer to help us shape the future of video communication. Do you want to contribute to making a video service that reaches millions of users globally?
Appear.in have users all over the world, but we’re just getting started. This year we’re targeting larger customers who have unsolved video communication problems we don’t even know about yet. You’ll be a key part in both discovering and solving those problems. As our second Designer, you’ll have a huge influence on how appear.in evolves as a product and be an early key role in a growing product team.
Who are you?
You want to make a difference, and you care about the quality and impact of your work. You prefer to attack problems by first understanding them. You’re not afraid to challenge us if you think we’re wasting time solving the wrong problems. You love designing solutions that people understand and enjoy using.
Whether you put UX, UI, Product, Service, Interaction or something else before your current designer title doesn’t matter to us as long as you enjoy gathering insights, creating prototypes, testing solutions and refining them as they get built and exposed to users.
How your working day will look like
You’ll be collaborating closely with our Product Manager, Product Designer, and engineers to discover, design, test, and ship product improvements. This usually consists of a good mix of improving existing parts of the product and researching and testing brand new things. You’ll be part of the entire product development cycle, from researching and validating the problem and solution to ensuring that it’s implemented in a good way. You’ll do a mix of these things;
- Practical UX research. Anything from user interviews, surveys or other tricks in your toolbox
- Designing prototypes using pen and paper, Sketch, invision or any other preferred tool
- Writing product microcopy (with the help of our native English speakers.)
- Organize and conduct usability tests to ensure we’re making stuff users will understand (we don’t have a fancy lab but luckily appear.in allows us to do informal testing with anyone from anywhere via video)
- Take part in prioritizing what to build first and follow up implementation of your work together with our engineers (we might design a castle but choose build a tower first)
- Monitor and follow up new features or changes after a product release by looking at data and user feedback.
- Hopefully, you also have some tricks up your sleeve that we didn’t think of listing here. We’re eager to learn what you can teach us!
How we work
At appear.in we try to ensure both that we’re building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyze data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features.
We take a practical approach to research and try to ensure that it helps us be more certain while accepting that there are always unknowns. As a UX/Product designer, you’ll take on a key role in all stages of this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
Working with appear.in you’ll be…
- a part of building an internet service that people love to use and that provides value to users around the world
positively impacting the lives of millions of people with your work
- a part of a stellar team of developers, product designers, and UX researchers striving to help each other succeed.
- Relevant design education (design, interaction design or service design). Real life experience can make up for a lack of formal education.
- Experience designing and shipping digital products/solutions for desktop and mobile. It’s a bonus if you’ve been part of a product team but consulting also counts.
- You’ve done usability testing and/or qualitative user interviews
- A talent for keeping track of things and filtering out what’s important. There’s always an infinite number of things we could/should but a finite amount of time
- You don’t need to know how to code but knowing how the different pieces of the internet works is a plus.
- English, written and spoken (we’re an international team)
How to apply
Send your resume in addition to some short examples of the work you’re the proudest of having been part of and explain shortly why.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to contact Frode, COO at firstname.lastname@example.org.