Differ is seeking a CTO and developers to help us end loneliness in education
Do you want to help end loneliness in education? Differ is seeking a CTO and developers to help us in this quest!
At Differ we can offer you:
- A fun and caring work environment. You will join talented and caring teammates who are passionate about creating a positive impact on the world. You will be part of a team made up of an entrepreneurial teacher, a serial entrepreneur, a customer lead, a UX Designer, developers, and a product manager.
- Freedom. At Differ, you will have the ability to work remotely but we also have cool offices in the center of Oslo.
- Stock options. So you can have ownership of the product you are developing and get a piece of the pie once Differ grows big.
- Hacky Fridays. One day a week where you can work on anything you want. At the end of the day we share our brilliant new ideas (however big or small) over a drink.
About Differ and the future of education
Differ is a group of passionate and motivated people that have set out on a mission to end loneliness among students. Our insights shows us that 87 % of first-year students find it difficult to cope with social or academic aspects of university life, while 40 % say they feel lonely and isolated . This needs to change.
It’s an exciting time at Differ. We have world-leading edtech investors that trust us to change education for the better, and we are building our chat application that helps students makes friends. Right now, we just need a missing piece of the puzzle. Hopefully, that is you.
Your job: Developing a product to end loneliness in education
As a CTO, you will be an integral part in designing, solving and implementing the tech needed to maintain and further develop our Differ platform. When you join us, we will define your responsibilities together. It will involve:
- Responsible for the tech team: Creating a tech-roadmap, plan, prioritizing and making decisions. You will be in charge of building a strong, diverse and inclusive tech team and distributing clear responsibilities.
- Facilitate a knowledge-sharing culture: Personal and professional development is vital for company and employee happiness. Your responsibility would include mentoring new tech resources but at the same time be open for new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Communication: You are the interface between CEO, UX and the developers. The vision, technical challenges and opportunities should be communicated in a way that makes it easy to grasp for developers and the rest of the team. Transparency and communication is key at Differ.
- Balancing agility and scale when implementing features: We test our potential features on users. Once something is tested, the next step is to implement it. When the feature is verified in our staging environment, we do the necessary steps to ensure that it scales in production. Balancing agility and scale is important here.
- Implement a lovable product: It is important that you feel proud of what you’re doing here at Differ. We want to move fast, but at the same time, the quality of what we are making should not be sacrificed.
- Getting your hands dirty with code: We are still a fairly small team so you would need to delve into code. Working with and improving our tech stack.
We are looking for:
- You who are passionate about developing products using the best tools and technology available. We would love to hear how you became that way.
- You who have experience in architecting, building, deploying and scaling products for mobile or desktop. And not afraid to tell us how we should improve.
- You who can bring new perspectives to our team. We have four nationalities so far, and we would love to hear from you no matter background, nationality or gender.
- You who have experience in using Google Cloud, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Docker, MongoDB, TypeScript, React and NodeJS
Send us a few words about yourself and a product (or products) you have contributed to.
Questions? Please contact Are at email@example.com or +4745213000
PS! We are not only hiring a CTO, but also developers. If you read this job description but would be more interested in joining as a developer, let us know 🙂