Gelato is looking for a world-class Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for owning and managing the breadth and depth of the product portfolio for the Optimalprint brand, the entire lifecycle of each product, and the user experience in the e-commerce store. The Senior Product Manager works closely with marketing, business development, project management, and engineering to manage products from conception to grave. You are the intersection between business, technology, and the customer. You are experienced in at least two, passionate about all three.
You have incredible resilience and stamina. You’re a doer, who makes the necessary changes to succeed. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty while never losing sight of the long-term ambition, this quarters budget, and today’s customers. As a Senior Product Manager at Gelato you will be part of reaching the lives of millions of people.
The position is based in Oslo (Norway) or Stockholm (Sweden).
What you’ll do
- Build in-depth analysis of Optimalprint’s portfolio and opportunities, identify and execute the actions to shape the product portfolio strategy.
- Identify market opportunities and be the voice of the user inside the business to define the vision and specification for new products, and improvements to existing products and our e-commerce store.
- Deliver new and improved products, following Gelato’s product development process. Design and create a beautiful, relevant and consistent user experience
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedules.
- Maximize business value in product launches.
- Contribute to build a high-performing global team by coaching and developing project managers and development teams following agile processes.
- Be responsible for generating revenue growth and achieving individual, team and organizational goals.
What you need to know and have
- Passion for Gelato and our vision.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, or engineering. MBA from a leading institution is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in product management and/or design with a focus on digital as well as physical products, preferably in an e-commerce set-up, using agile methodologies and tools.
- Experience with successful product launch.
- Knowledgeable across multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance, or marketing.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on customer and product usage analytics, primary and secondary research, and industry trends. Strong financial analytical capabilities to develop informed product strategies and business cases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify, tailor, and present complex topics to a variety of audiences. Business-fluent in English and one other language.
- You have the curiosity and agility required to see patterns that others don’t see yet. You acknowledge that time is one of our scarcest resources and challenge the status quo, so that processes and products improve continuously.
- You enjoy the journey from insight and strategy, all the way to putting your final touch on the product. You take pride in having full ownership through the entire process.
- You are driven by high quality results and have the grit required to achieve great accomplishments. Never losing sight of the endgame and always obsessing about the customer’s needs.
- You believe that the best idea is what’s important, not who had it. You are great at building strong relationships, you have integrity and you do not believe in the zero-sum game.
- Employees are showered with the challenges associated with daunting and ever escalating growth ambitions and expansion challenges.
- Ground floor opportunity with the team, shaping the strategic and creative direction of Gelato.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you can use the services you’ve been part of building. We’re not just another social web application; we’re improving one of the world’s largest industries.
- Sharp, motivated and very hard working co-workers in an intense and very energetic environment.
A few more things to know
We expect a lot. We are a driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work and possess entrepreneurial spirit. Our culture is unique, and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Gelato at gelato.com.
We are a dynamic Norwegian start-up headquartered in Oslo and currently run operations across Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
We are here to change the world. We’re building the world’s most intelligent print cloud to make digital printing easy, efficient, and local. Connecting printers in all countries on our planet to a print cloud – open to everyone. We believe that “collaborative consumption” can be the positive consequence of a “sharing economy”. We believe in sharing fixed assets – in our case: sharing print machines – allowing excess capacity to be intelligently allocated. This business model is truly unique and recognized as a true innovation in digitalization (https://www.gelato.com/newsroom/gelato-receives-oslo-innovation-award-2015).