IncludeOS is looking for a business developer
Business development – Software for network infrastructure and IoT
We’re IncludeOS. We are a technology start-up and have created a brand new operating system unlike any other. Until now our management team has done all of the business development and sales for our company. We have customers deploying our product in production and recurring revenues since December 2017. We just signed our second customer. We now realize it is time for us to find someone that can work on commercial development full time to help scale the company globally. Perhaps we’re looking for you?
The company was founded in 2016 based on IEEE awarded research by our CTO. The rest of the founding team has a track record from founding and running companies like Varnish Software and Elliptic Labs. Bjarne Stroustrup, the creator of C++ programming language is an investor and advisor. Alliance Venture is our main investor.
The operating system is open source. We build products and services on top that we sell. Among several applications, we have identified software network infrastructure (such as firewalls) and the Internet of Things devices as particularly relevant. Our business model is to sell our management platform Mothership and production support to companies deploying IncludeOS-based applications on many VMs or devices.
If we succeed with our technical and commercial goals, our operating system will run on billions of machines. We believe that our product is technically superior to everything else in the market. The short-term job we are recruiting for is to create and implement a commercial strategy for our networking products, which are in production. In the long term, you’ll also work on commercializing what will become our IoT platform.
We’re still a small team, only 8 people. Most of our current staff are technical. You’ll be working closely with the CEO to create and implement a commercial strategy.
We are open to various types of candidates and backgrounds, and compensation will be negotiated according to the selected candidate’s track record from similar roles.
● Background from multi-national IT sales and business development roles
● 2-8 years of relevant working experience
● Ability to see commercial opportunities for innovative technology and eager to close deals
● Motivated to follow up and push forward on leads in multiple locations and with long sales cycles
● Identify direct sales leads, follow up and close deals for our NFV product line (load balancer, firewall)
● Initiate new ways of global scaling, distribution partnerships, sales channels
● Recruit pilot customers for our new ARM/IoT business area
● Promote the technology, in general, to open up for commercial opportunities in new business areas
More info on www.includeos.com and www.includeos.org