Telenor is looking for a new Head of Product Management
Do you want to be part of an international interdisciplinary team and help us develop Telenor’s product portfolio?
Are you looking for a challenging role where you can impact product development across the globe? If you have experience getting digital products to market and would enjoy developing strong working relationships with international colleagues then keep reading!
Telenor is developing new digital products and services in 13 countries with varying levels of competition and digital maturity, as well as different customer profiles and innovation focus. To coordinate these efforts, ensure a common global operating model, and review and advise the entire product portfolio, Global Products is looking for a new Head of Product Management who loves to travel.
As our new Head of Product Management, you will schedule regular product reviews with all products in Telenor and support local product managers in all Telenor Business Units (BU’s) across Europe and Asia. You will ensure that learnings are recorded in our internal database, guide new product ideas to be aligned with the Group commercial strategy, and provide guidance to top management regarding Telenor’s direction, competencies and opportunities.
You will be responsible for determining whether local BU products have scalability on a global level. For those with increased potential you will evaluate scalability and help create a roll out plan to submit to global product management meetings.
You will also work with other team members on mentoring and onboarding our Ignite teams (our internal innovation program. For more about the Ignite program click here.)
Finally, you will be leading the creation of a product management guild to create opportunities for learning and sharing among our excellent product managers in all business units.
For this position, we are searching for a senior product manager with a commercial and structured mindset and strong product development experience. Our preference is that you have experience in early-phase projects, and that you have an innovative mindset. You need to be able to identify business potential in a wide variety of areas, as well as being able to coordinate and facilitate projects with a large number of stakeholders across Telenor.
You also need to be adept at developing new relationships and keeping track of a large portfolio of different projects and products. You will be working with a cross-functional team that includes product managers, user researchers, and innovation experts. Our team also works closely with the «Design team» to provide support to global products.
- Implement the global product process and operating model
- Follow up projects to ensure proper resource allocation
- Ensure ongoing learnings are recorded in database
- Guide new product ideas to be aligned with the chosen strategy areas
- Ensure product mix supports the Global product portfolio strategy
- Provide guidance on global portfolio strategy highlighting local competencies and opportunities
- Organize mentoring and training opportunities for product teams
- Coordinate information sharing opportunities across BU’s
- Assist in startup evaluation as requested by Innovation team
- Work with team members to develop an onboarding system for teams coming from Ignite to enter the Product and Innovation process
- Work with team to participate and support local Ignite initiatives
Qualifications and personal qualities
- You have a proven track record within business model development and product/service commercialization
- You have proven strategic capabilities and deliveries within digital innovation
- You have strong communication and relationship skills
- You are solution-oriented and have an independent approach to problem-solving
- You thrive in cross-functional teams and want to lead international teams and projects
- You have an understanding of customer desires and orientations, both in Europe and in Asia
- You like structure and you’re well-organized
- You have the ability to keep focus and be comfortable despite rapid changes and a hectic working environment
- A key role in shaping the future Telenor business model, in an industry undergoing massive change and high competition
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, with high independency and important responsibilities
- Competitive terms and conditions
- Application deadline: January 19th
- This position requires international travel up to 50% of the time
- Contact Erica Gibson, VP Product Management and User Research – check out my LinkedIn page and call if you have any queries +47 901 94 799.
- We conduct background checks on all relevant candidates through Semac AS.
- Location: Preferred location is Oslo/Fornebu in Norway. It is possible to be placed in our offices in Thailand or Singapore as the candidate wishes. Please specify your location preference in your application letter.
- For a video about our Ignite Competition view here.
Say hi to Erica Gibson, who’s leading the department.