Telenor is looking for a Head of Product Development
Søknadsfrist: 20. november
Do you want to join us in building the Norwegian Service Ecosystem – being at the center of the consumer’s everyday life?
Telenor Norway is at the cutting edge of the digital transformation of Telenor Group, and within that, the Services, Innovation and Product unit is leading the way.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate product person to be the Head of Product Development in the consumer market and lead the unit in charge of, among other products, Capture (Min-Sky in Norway), an app that keeps people’s most precious digital assets, their photos and videos, safely stored in the cloud. Capture is one of the most successful service launches in Telenor Norway, making it one of the largest photo backup services in Scandinavia and a core digital service for Telenor. Capture is also a global app with significant market positions in Sweden, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Montenegro. In addition you will also be responsible for developing new services in categories like IoT, tracking, and ID.
You will be responsible for the entire product development process, from idea generation to pitching to the stakeholders, to get support from the partners, implement and roll out the end product. You will have a team of product managers and other support functions (UX, engagement, and analytics) and therefore have full control of the services and products that are developed under your Group.
As our new Head of Product Development your responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the vision, strategy, and targets for existing and new product categories
- Bring new products and services to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with engineering and other partners
- People management responsibility for a team of 10-15 people
- Lead integration activities with Telenor Business Units and other Telenor Digital departments
- Life Cycle Management, including overall responsibility for test and verification of the product and new releases
- Competitive overview and product positioning of Capture and new services
- Work closely with business, marketing, engineering, and design/UX to help draw the product strategy for Capture and new products within your group
- Help build and communicate product strategy, roadmaps, backlog status, and release activities to key stakeholders across Mobile and Telenor Norway
- Create, maintain, analyze and report on product KPIs
- Work with product managers, subject matter experts, engineering, marketing, sales, design, and the rest of the group’s leadership team to define a product roadmap that is both feasible and compelling
We are looking for you that have most of the following qualifications:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Marketing or related field. Completed MBA is desirable but not a requirement.
- 6+ years experience from Product Strategy and Development, or Business Development of Digital Services
- Proven ability to set a vision, inspire, and lead a cross-functional product team
- Extensive understanding of digital marketing and distribution and internet business models
- Proven ability to collaborate with executive level management on company product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Ability to provide clear accountability and mentorship for team members, raising the bar for product excellence within the team that reports to you
- Demonstrated success at handling multiple projects and tasks and meeting established deadlines
- Proven ability to innovate breakthrough products and practice user-centered product design
- Outstanding communication, presentation and time management skills
- Speak and write fluent English
- Great at building relationships and cooperating when working in cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a large organization with all that entails
- A proactive problem solver
- Curious and have an interest and knowledge in relevant technological solutions, as well as the desire to explore and use new technology
- Good at driving processes forward
- An excellent communicator and influencer
- Passionate about Design Thinking, Lean and Agile as a framework to deliver products that customers love
- An execution machine that is structured and punctual
- Someone with a high work capacity
We can offer you:
- The possibility to work at the cutting edge of digital transformation and lead the development of some of Telenor’s largest and newest digital products
- Being a part of one of the most innovative units in Telenor Norway
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Nice offices at Fornebu
Good to know:
- Application deadline: 19th November 2018
- If you have any questions about the role, please contact Anders Christian Morthen – Head of Services, Innovation and Projects, tel: +47 90892619
- Work location: Fornebu
- We will be conducting background checks of relevant canddiates through semac, www.semac.no
1. Hva er din største bragd i Telenor så langt?
Noe av det morsomste jeg har opplevd i Telenor var da jeg var 29 år og fikk ansvaret for å søke, bygge og lansere 3G i Danmark. At Telenor ga meg tillitten til å kjøre et prosjekt med et milliard- budsjett og 150 ressurser som søkte og lanserte 3G på under 10 måneder (mange mente at det på den tiden at det var en verdensrekord).
Også veldig stolt av å ha ansvaret for MinSky som er Norges største bildelagringstjeneste med over 700.000 som har meldt seg på og nærmere 350.000 månedlige brukere.
2. Er det noe du angrer på når det kommer til forretningsbeslutninger? (Kan du fortelle om en av dem)
Hmmm. Den var litt værre. Litt generelt så tror jeg at jeg er litt forsiktig. Burde turt litt mer. Har ofte mange gode ideer men analyser de litt i hjel. I etterkant ser jeg mange av disse tankene har vært riktige men at jeg ikke turte å ta dem. Så har sagt at jeg skal ta litt mer «sjanser» fremover.
3. Hva ser du frem til? (På jobb og privat)
Gleder meg voldsomt til tiden fremover på tjenestesiden i Telenor. Vi har store planer. Vi har mange tjenester på toppen av det fantastiske nettet vi tilbyr det norske folk. Store tanker rundt apper som MinFamilie og Minekontakter som vil gi kunden stor verdi. Gled dere!!!! I tillegg til å innovere 5G er det mye jeg går og grubler på. 5G åpner helt nye muligheter knyttet til kommunikasjon spesielt mellom person og maskin.
På privaten så gleder jeg meg til snøen kommer. Alltid mye moro å finne på med barna!
Telenor Norge AS is Norway’s largest provider of telecommunications and digital services. Our infrastructure is the foundation for digitising Norway, with its world-class coverage and high speeds. Our services and products contribute to increased productivity and provide access to everything that the digital world has to offer. Our services and products help to improve productivity and provide access to all digital content. Our security and preparedness organisation works around the clock to keep our customers safe, and we are particularly aware of our social responsibility to provide security and safety for children and young people online. We employ 3400 people in 23 offices across Norway and we are a part of the Telenor Group, which has operations in 8 countries. Our main office is located on Fornebu in Baerum. Read more about Telenor Norway at www.telenor.no