Telenor is looking for a Senior Data Scientist
Søknadsfrist: 27. januar
Telenor Business’ overall ambition is to be the favorite partner for the Enterprise and Public Sector in Norway. The Smart Digital unit in the Enterprise Division is set up to guide our customers on their digitalization journey and deliver new digital services in the Norwegian market. One of the services we are offering within the Internet of Things and Big Data team is Mobility Analytics: Analysis and insight into human mobility patterns through location data from our mobile network. These insights can help our customers to plan more efficiently and develop sustainable solutions, e.g. in the transportation sector. We are growing our team and are now looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Scientist to join us on our exciting Journey.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be a driver for further development of Telenor’s Big Data-services. You will primarily work with improving and expanding our current functionality as well as with analytical deliverables to our customers.
Do you want to shape how Telenor uses Big Data to create new solutions for the corporate market?
As a Senior Data Scientist you will have the following tasks:
- Design new functionality and algorithms to further expand our service offering, in close collaboration with customers
- Deliver comprehensive analyses based on client objectives and needs
- Structure, deliver and present findings and analysis reports for external clients
- Understand necessary privacy regulations and ensure that we at all times are compliant with these
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- MSc in computer science, mathematics, statistics or equivalent
- Relevant work experience in advanced quantitative analysis in a corporate environment, i.e. predictive modelling, machine learning, mathematical and statistical modeling
- Experience in programming and developing of algorithms
- Experience in presenting complex issues to business executives
- Ideally knowledge of IT & data warehousing systems in telecommunications
- Fluent in Norwegian and English, both orally and written
- Eligible for Norwegian security clearance (Norwegian citizenship or 10yrs+ residency in Norway)
We think you:
- have a sharp analytical mind and quickly understand complex issues and problems
- have a passion for designing and developing advanced functionality based on customer requirements as well as for data analysis and visualization
- are able to communicate complex findings and ideas in an understandable way
- are ambitious, self-driven and focus on results
- work well with others and share knowledge, experience and information
Why should you work with us?
- You will be part of growing a new business area in Telenor and drive innovation with positive social impact
- You will get to work with highly skilled colleagues and in a collaborative working environment in Telenor Norway and Telenor Group
- You will get the opportunity to join Telenor’s career development programs
For questions please contact Natalie Folge, Head of IoT and Big Data, email@example.com
Telenor Norway AS is the largest provider of telecommunications and data services in the country. Through our mobile and landline network we provide telephony, broadband, and cable TV services to residential and business customers across the country. We also sell services to other telecoms operators. We have 4200 employees working in 30 locations around Norway, including Svalbard. Our head office is located at Fornebu in Bærum. Read more about at www.telenor.no
The Enterprise Division is Telenor Norway’s market outlet for business customers in Norway. The division is responsible for product development, sales, and marketing of all products sold in the business market.