Telenor is looking for Frontend Developers iOS and Android
Do you want to work with innovation in Norway’s leading technology company?
The team focuses on developing digital products for the family segment. This includes anyone who has a shared household and want to organize their day to day activities. Our current product portfolio includes:
Min Familie: Organize life. Through partners like Matprat and Posten we are building an ecosystem of smart solutions which makes life easier for our core segment. Some of the popular features of Min Familie are shared calendars and shopping lists.
Min Fotball: All Norwegian football right in your pocket. Min Fotball is a collaboration between Norges Fotballforbund and Telenor, which gives you an overview of all football matches happening in the country.
TIA: Our in-development digital assistant with voice UI which will support Min Familie and other Telenor services.
We are organized in small product teams, similar to Spotify’s squad model, and as we grow, more products will be added to this list. We are currently in the growth phase and therefore we are looking for two Frontend Developers, one iOS and one Android, to join our team in Telenor Norway – making new digital services for consumers. As a Frontend Developer in Telenor you will be crucial in delivering new services that provides outstanding user experiences to our customers.
For the iOS role we are looking for you who are familiar with one or more of these technologies:
- Swift or Objective-C
- REST API’s
- Releasing apps to AppStore
- App Center, fastlane and Crashlytics
- Firebase push notifications, dynamic links, in-app messaging etc.
For the Android role we are looking for you who are familiar with one or more of these technologies:
- Java or Kotlin using Google SDK’s
- Android Studio and a reasonable knowledge of the Gradle build system
- Have a strong grasp and practical knowledge of basic Android concepts related to Activity, Fragment, Service, BroadcastReceiver, ContentProvider, Preferences etc.
- Practical knowledge of multi-threaded programming.
- REST API’s
- Releasing apps to Google Play
For both roles it would be great if you have some or all of these qualifications:
- Experience with GIT/GitHub and Tools like Zeplin or similar
- Some experience working with version Control
- Knowledge of Scrum and/or Kanban
- Familiar with test-driven development
- 3 years’ experience as a Developer
- Bachelor`s or Master`s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent English written and spoken is a requirement
What we can offer you:
- Be a part of an exciting growth journey
- Working with a diverse and highly qualified team in Telenor to build the next generation of products for consumer segment
- A team culture filled with fun and learning
- 40 hour challenge, where you are obliged to spend 40 hours a year on learning and developing
- Very competitive pension and insurances
- Gym facilities, a good canteen deal and nice offices at Fornebu
- Please apply through the link in the job ad
- If you have any questions about the role please contact the hiring manager Swati Sharma (Head of Product Development Tribe 1) on tel: +47 46266383
- Application deadline: April 24th 2019
- Work location: Fornebu
- We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac AS, www.semac.no
Telenor Norge AS is Norway’s largest provider of telecommunications and digital services. Our infrastructure is the foundation for digitising Norway, with its world-class coverage and high speeds. Our services and products contribute to increased productivity and provide access to everything that the digital world has to offer. Our services and products help to improve productivity and provide access to all digital content. Our security and preparedness organisation works around the clock to keep our customers safe, and we are particularly aware of our social responsibility to provide security and safety for children and young people online. We employ 3400 people in 23 offices across Norway and we are a part of the Telenor Group, which has operations in 8 countries. Our main office is located on Fornebu in Baerum. Read more about Telenor Norway at www.telenor.no