Vuu is looking for a product manager mobile app: remote or Ålesund
Who we are
We are a dedicated team of movie and TV enthusiasts building a unique content platform centered around movies and TV series for web, mobile and third-party systems.
Currently, we’re growing our design and development team from the ground up. Given the competitive nature of our industry and the app development space, we’re keeping our efforts to ourselves for the time being. But we’d love to give the right person the grand tour, and the option to join an exciting new startup in its early stages.
We are very open to remote workers, but require you to be open to visit our main office in Ålesund on a regular basis. Our remote workers start with a 1-2 week period in Ålesund before transitioning back to their remote locations, and come back to Ålesund regularly after that. Optionally you can also relocate to our HQ in Ålesund.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who takes on the responsibility for making our end-customer client apps as sticky and fun to use while aligning all that to our business goals.
– 3+ years in product management and/or product design of digital B2C products
– experience in UX and preferably a professional design background
– coding skills and preferably already coded software an your own
– founded or built from ground up a tech startup with responsibility for product or design
– managed at least 3 digital B2C products, preferably mobile apps
– experience running A/B tests and learning from users what they really want
– experience with agile & distributed software development (Kanban, Slack, if possible Asana)
– experience in creating and managing dev roadmaps and negotiating with internal stakeholders
– an analytical mindset and excellent communication skills in English
– an insatiable appetite for growth and self-development
– a driven self-starter, with a committed attitude, who can work independently as well as with a team
– had long discussions with friends about the Mirror Universe, the Upside Down, who the Man in Black is, or the accuracy of the human portrayals in The Crown.
What we offer:
– work in an international team of truly gifted people
– work full-time remote with an optional relocation to Ålesund
– work on something that will have be used by millions of people
The description above is not a requirement for applying. If you don’t tick all the boxes, show us how you’re special anyway, and why you’d be a great fit.
This is truly a unique opportunity to build a great, one-of-a-kind, international product while at the same time work with the global film and TV industry. You’ll have passionate, international colleagues committed in heart and mind to the product we’re building.
Vuu is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity, believing that diversity in the workplace is required to build something that has the potential to make a global impact and to cultivate healthy company culture. If you are a member of an underrepresented, marginalised group, or have a cultural background different from most Norwegians’, we strongly encourage you to apply.
How to apply
If the above seems interesting, and you feel you have what it takes to join our team and help us build an extraordinary new platform, then feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.